Description & Details
The DPA 5 continues DG Technologies DPA family tradition of being the fastest, most rugged, most reliable, and most versatile RP1210 Vehicle Datalink Adapters (VDAs), and its wireless!
The DPA 5 is a One-Tool-Solution, supporting all of your favorite OEM and component diagnostic applications. So why purchase multiple adapters, when the DPA 5 is all you need?
From inception to deployment, the DPA 5 was built for speed-critical applications such as End-Of-Line (EOL) programming stations and the re-flashing of Electronic Control Units/Modules (ECUs/ECMs). In fact, the DPA 5 was significantly faster than the other leading adapters in an “apples-to-apples” benchmarking comparison. This means significantly reduced reprogramming and diagnostic sessions, leading to a fast return on investment (ROI)…
The DPA 5 has Dual CAN communication channels. This allows the DPA 5 to communicate with vehicles having two separate CAN data buses, such as the Freightliner Cascadia.
Not only is the DPA 5 a great product, but our warranty, support, and service are second-to-none.
- The DPA 5 comes with a two-year limited warranty.
- The DPA is manufactured in an ISO 9001 certified facility.
- Our technical support team has years of industry experience to help you get the most from your investment.
Here is what is included with this kit:
- DPA5 Adapter
- 6/9 pin cable
- Bluetooth USB Dongle
- USB Cable (Goes from your computer to the DPA5)
- Drivers CD
- Diagnostic software CD (Read below for more details)
- Plastic carrying case
- Installation manual
Diagnostic Software Included!
Our customers have been asking for a simple diagnostics application that will work with their DPA “right-out-of-the-box” to display faults, component information and basic vehicle parameters from the J1708/J1587 and CAN/J1939 data buses. DG Technologies has answered the call and is providing these features in an application called “DG Diagnostics”.
DG Diagnostics is a great screening/triage tool and is provided free-of-charge with the purchase of any DPA product. DG Diagnostics works with all DPA adapters past and present, and may reduce your need to purchase full-featured OEM software.
Take your DPA straight from the box and start generating ROI with some of these features:
- Read and display J1587 and J1939 faults in “text” form. Request clear of inactive J1587 and J1939 faults.
- Display “total-vehicle” and “trip data” such as odometer, engine hours, and fuel economy from the J1587 and J1939 data buses.
- Create a viewable/printable/saveable vehicle report in HTML format showing all information that has been captured.
- Display common “dashboard” parameters such as RPM, temperatures and pressures from the J1587 and J1939 data buses.
- Request reset of J1939 trip information (trip odometer, trip miles, trip fuel, etc).
- Display J1587 and J1939 ECM component information such as VIN, Make, Model, Serial, and Unit Numbers.
- Record data bus data for engineering analysis as well as play that data back internally through the program or externally to the data bus.
- Configure and launch OEM applications directly without having to navigate through the Windows Start Menu.
From light-duty through heavy-duty, the DPA 5 supports your entire fleet! The DPA 5 provides more protocol, standards, and operating system support than any other commercially available diagnostic adapter. Support and standards include:
DPA 5 RP1210 OEM Diagnostic Software Compatibility
The DPA 5 is RP1210A compliant and should work with any RP1210A compliant application. It has been thoroughly validated against the following OEM and component applications:
The adapter you have purchased is provided with an SAE J2534-compliant interface (an SAE standard for electronic module reprogramming). The DPA 5 should be able to reprogram all CAN/ISO15765 vehicles, GM vehicles using the J1850 Variable Pulse Width (VPW) protocol, or other vehicles using the DPA 5 J2534-supported protocols (i.e. ISO9141/KWP2000).
The DPA 5 has been validated against the following OEM and component applications:
- General Motors TIS2Web
- Ford Module Programming (FMP)
- Chrysler J2534 Application
- Toyota TIS (Technical Information System)
- Honda Service Express
- Mazda Module Programming (MMP)
- Kia J2534 KMA
- Hyundai 2534 HMA
- Volkswagen Erwin
- Audi Erwin
- Nissan J2534 ECU Reprogramming Software (NERS)
- RA Consulting Silver Scan Tool
All J2534 reprogramming and diagnostic software packages that are J2534-1 and J2534-2 compliant and use a protocol supported by the DPA 5 should work as long as the operating system is supported by the application. Note that not all OEMs have released J2534-2 compliant software.
The following are the PC requirements to use the DPA 5.
- Windows XP, 2000, Vista (32/64-bit), 7 (32/64-bit), Windows 8 (32/64-bit)
- IBM-Compatible, 1GHz or faster
- 256MB RAM (512MB Preferred)
- 25 MB Free Hard-Disk Space
- USB Port, USB Version 1.1 or Higher
- Computer Administrator Privileges
Advantages over Nexiq USB Link (Part # 125032)
- The DPA5 has a metal casing, while the Nexiq USB Link has a plastic one
- The DPA5 connects with a thumb-screw USB cable, while the Nexiq USB Link has a generic plug-in style
- The DPA5 comes with diagnostic software, while the Nexiq USB Link does not.